Hiring a qualified plumber to handle all your plumbing needs is the first step to having a trouble-free plumbing system. Failure to hire a trained and experienced plumber can result to both dangerous and costly repairs. Finding a high-quality plumber has however proven a daunting task for many people. This is mainly because most of the available plumbers haven’t undertaken the required training or aren’t certified legally. With the right approach and asking the right questions, you should be able to find a great plumber easily. You however may have to interview not less than three plumbers to find the best one for the job. Some of the important factors to consider when cross-examining plumbers Ottawa include:
1. License: Although the law stipulates it, hiring a licensed plumber not only helps protects your family but your investment as well. Trained plumbers have to undergo a series of validations before they can be allowed to have a license. The government does this to protect the public from fraudsters marauding as plumbers. The first question to every candidate should be whether they are licensed – ask for proof if possible.
2. Insurance: Checking to see if the plumbing company has its employees insured while at work is also recommended as well. The insurance policy should not only cover the plumber but anything he/she is working on. As long as the contractor is insured adequately, you can then be assured of zero liability should there be an accident.
3. Experience: Although most plumbing companies in Ottawa hire well trained and licensed plumbers, how long these individual plumbers have been in the field is a factor you shouldn’t overlook. Experienced contractors will not only stick to the set plumbing code but are also capable of handling plumbing emergencies and other delicate tasks comfortably. Checking to ensure the plumber has at least three years of experience in the field is therefore recommended.
4. Warranty: The plumber you ought to hire should be able to guarantee his/her work and parts used. Some of the best and most reliable plumbers Ottawa will give you a service guarantee of up to one year. Their warranties cover everything including parts and materials used during the plumbing exercise.
5. Reviews and references: If the plumbing company has been around for some time, you should then be able to find genuine reviews and ratings from their past work. With many businesses today using the internet to reach out to their target audience, finding such reviews and customer testimonials should be relatively easy. Although it may take some time to read through reviews from all prospecting companies, this can influence your decision significantly. Looking into the company’s portfolio should also help you determine the right one to hire are well.
Once satisfied with all the factors mentioned above, you should then contact the final candidates for a quote on the same. Asking at least 3 companies to submit quotes based on the project at hand should give you an idea of how much you should be willing to spend on the same. Although some plumbers may be out for your money, it would be advisable to go the most affordable plumber without compromising on quality.
National Plumbing can help you today.